Registration deadline: Thursday 15:00; Tournament start: 18:00, 3rd floor
The Chess and Go Event will be played in teams of two versus two. Team composition is without restrictions and games will be played without handicap. Both teams play a game of Rengo (on a 13x13 board) and Pair Chess simultaneously. The first team plays with black Go stones and black Chess pieces, the second team uses white stones and pieces.
- A) Black Player 1 (B1) plays the first Go move, then switches to the Chess board, and B1 presses the clock.
- B) White Player 1 (W1) plays the next Go move, White Player 2 (W2) plays the first Chess move, W1 and W2 swap positions, and W2 presses the clock.
- C) Black Player 2 (B2) plays the next Go move, B1 plays the next chess move, B1 and B2 swap positions, and B2 presses the clock.
- D) W2 plays the next Go move, W1 plays the next Chess move, W1 and W2 swap positions, and W2 presses the clock.
- E) B1 plays the next Go move, B2 plays the next Chess move, B1 and B2 swap positions, and B1 presses the clock.
Repeat B – C – D – E until either the Chess game or the Go game are finished. At that point, the remaining game is continued as either Rengo (penalty for unintentional rotation error is 3 captures, if noticed immediately) or Pair Chess.
The time limit is 10 minutes + 10 seconds Fischer time for one „Chess&Go” move (Fischer accumulated time – mode 18 on DGT2010 chess/go timer). The clock sits next to the chess board, visible to all players, and pressed by the player only after BOTH moves are played and players swapped positions."
Komi for Rengo is 3 points (lower than usual due to White's statistical advantage in Chess and allows for Jigo since Remis is possible in Chess, too.)